Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Ok So We've Been Bad

David and I swore we would post more pictures after the Bar Exam, but so far we have lied! Time to keep our word.

Also, if you can't tell, I'm so ready for Halloween/Thanksgiving...hence our new page background.

I have never posted before (I just pick the pictures and David does the hard stuff) so this is an experiment, but if it proves easy then maybe I can actually attempt to keep you all updated on our life (not just photos every few months). But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

A few updates!

First, the Bar is over, praise the Lord. It was not as bad as I built it up to be in my head. I'll probably regret saying that when the results come in (Sept. 25th - a.k.a - "Black Friday" ....or at least that's what I call it).

I owe my husband, mom, and mother in law a huge thank you for all the help during those miserable 3 months of studying/class. I start work Sept. 8th (that's when most of the B'ham firms start new associates), but for now I'm just enjoying being a mom.

On the baby front...James had his first experiment with rice cereal this weekend. I was bound and determined to wait till he turned 4 months (he will hit that in a week). However, after talking to my mother in law, I decided he was probably ready. Turns out he was. He kept down about 60% of it and kept wanting more (just like daddy). We even gave him his spoon to hold to see what he'd do and he managed to get it into his mouth. David will post pictures tomorrow.

At his 2 months check up (which was more like 2.5mo) he weighed 11.2lbs. He was 50% height, 50% weight, and even 50% head measurement (despite predictions that he would have a large head). Dr. Jamie said he was an A+ baby!

He outgrows clothes so quickly that I've been taking a smocking class this month to learn to smock his outfits in an effort to save some money. He is just now getting out of his 0-3mo clothes, but some of the bigger ones still fit him. I am smocking a teal and brown jonjon and Kameron is making him a Christmas jonjon...let's just say they are labors of love because smocking is not as easy as I was told (Donya!). I'll post pictures as they progress.

James has been one busy baby with all of these wedding, engagement, birthday, house warming and welcome back parties. But things are slowing down now that wedding season is over.

This weekend we went to Trey and Ashley's new place in Ross Bridge for a cookout/house warming and James was such an angel...to bad he doesn't behave like that in church. Their new house was gorgeous. It makes me want to move to house number 2, but we have to give this one a few more years (and wait for the market to pick back up). James also experienced his first round of Catch Phrase and ate it up.

That's all for now...more to come soon I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment