Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

4.5 Month Check Up and First Tooth

James had what should have been his 4 month check up today. I know what you're thinking...I'm 2 weeks late, but for good reason. They were slammed with flu patients the past 2 weeks, but we finally got in. Not to mention I have been super paranoid about taking him in with all of these germs going around. He has never been sick and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible.

Luckily there was only 1 other patient there (and we were in the well room). Plus, they took him back immediately, before I could even sit down.

He weighed 15.1 lbs (50th%) and was 26.5 inches long (90th%)! He is going to be tall like daddy. If you remember, last visit he was 50% height, weight, and head. I guess he just shot up in the past month.

Dr. Jamie said he looked great and seemed to be several months ahead on his milestones (rolling both ways, eye hand coordination, etc...)...just what a mom wants to hear.

She even said we can start him on some fruits and veggies (one at a time of course) since he did so well with the rice cereal! So I'm thinking we will start giving him rice cereal around lunch and then a veggie or fruit at night.

PLUS - that tooth he's been cutting for over a month finally came in last week. Its on the bottom gum. He was really pretty calm about the whole thing, but I'm sure as multiple teeth and bigger ones come in that will change.

Sorry it has been so long since the last post. I've been busy with work and am usually so exhausted when I get home it is all I can do to get dinner on the table. But I'm loving it. I promise to try to do another this weekend.

We are double booked tonight and are going to try to make it to both Laura's couples shower and Ashley's wedding. Tomorrow is game day #3 and then finally we can rest on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Katie,

    I am so glad to hear that James is doing so well! He honestly could be the cutest baby I've ever seen! It was so good to see the little Reeves family. We need to get together again soon.

    Take Care,
    Candace Ashworth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had so much fun catching up with you Friday. Can't wait to see some pictures of the little one chowing down on his fruits and veggies!

    ReplyDelete