Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

He said MAMA!

Sorry for our lack of posting! Lots of pictures in this post to make up for it.

First thing's first....HE SAID MAMA....and no it wasn't a fluke. Last Monday, Grandma Linda was keeping him and she said he woke up from nap looked around and said "Mama Mama." David was of course in disbelief and I decided to wait till I heard it for myself. Then on Thursday when Joe was visiting he started saying it over and over and over again. It was amazing. Of course I doubt he knows what it means, but still! David and I have been in a mini-competition since James' birth to get him to say "mama" or "dada" first. I tried not to rub it in his face ; )

Unfortunately, aside from James saying Mama, last week was a no good very bad horrible week (for me that is). Hopefully we are off on the right foot this week. Seeing this little face every morning is the best way to start the day.

The bug is sitting up really well and continues to grow like a weed. A few weeks ago I ordered his Halloween outfit from mamabargains.com. He is going to be a pumpkin...I know I know...it isn't creative...but there is something about a fat little round pumpkin that is just too cute. We are planning on taking him to Boo at the Zoo with Alyssa, Jeremiah, and their baby, Bailey. The babes get to wear their costumes, ride the train, look at the light display, and check out the animals. It will be James' first date...and with an older lady no less ; ).

We got James a sippy cup last week too. I wasn't sure when to start the cup, but everything I read said the earlier the better. We pretty much just let him take his prune juice mixed with water in it for practice. He is doing really well as you can tell from the pictures.


We are going to the Homecoming game this weekend. Grandma offered to keep the baby and who could turn that down? David has been to several games, but this will be my first. I just pray this rain will stop. We are also super excited that Uncle Charles will be home by the 21st.

I have many more things to share, but am honestly so tired I cannot type another word...so here are some pictures instead.


3 comments:

  1. I love James!! and of course Katie and David too! OMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I"m going to Tuscaloosa this weekend too...maybe I'll run into you!

    ReplyDelete